Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - Aujourd'hui

CIL Self Build stage 2 - Section 3 requirements

Suraiya Ferdous, modifié il y a 5 jours.

CIL Self Build stage 2 - Section 3 requirements

New Member Publications: 14 Date d'inscription: 16/03/23 Publications Récentes

Hi All, 

I have a query with regards to Self Build Stage 2 documentation requirements. How strict are you with the requirements? At least 1 out of 3 documents are required from section 3 of the Form 7 Part 2. According to the form, if any alternatives are to proposed that has to be agreed with the collecting authorities beforehand if none of the below are available. 

DIY HMRC approved VAT Reclaim –

Warranty – 

Mortgage Details - 

I would like to know how you approach this. Also, if you accept any alternatives, what are they? Any examples? Really appreciate your input.

Debbie Wilson, modifié il y a 2 jours.

RE: CIL Self Build stage 2 - Section 3 requirements

Enthusiast Publications: 28 Date d'inscription: 30/01/20 Publications Récentes

Good morning,

If the documents in section 3 can't be supplied we allow a signed statement (witnessed via a Solicitor) in place of those documents.

CIL guidance states the charging authority can consider urilising discretion at the part 2 stage:

NOTE: The charging authority has the discretion, but is not required, to accept other forms of documentary evidence instead of any of the 3 items above. This should be agreed in advance with the charging authority (at the point of making the Part 1 application for the exemption or as soon as possible thereafter) but the charging authority may still consider utilising discretion at the Part 2 stage of the process.

Paragraph: 088 Reference ID: 25-088-20190901

Revision date: 01 09 2019

If you would like to email me I can send you an example of the statement we use. My email is:

debbie.wilson@threerivers.gov.uk