Getting started with online communities – Online Course
- Please contact us for dates
By the end of this course, you will have a clear, reliable, framework for developing an online community, allowing you to create the right purpose from the start, build your core team and identify your target audience. You will also have begun an action plan to grow and develop your group.
Who would benefit from this course?
- anyone new to online community facilitation, who needs to get quickly up to speed
- anyone planning to facilitate an online community in future
- anyone currently facilitating an online community, who has never had any training or needs a refresher on the role and techniques for member engagement.
What will you learn?
- The concept of an online group, the lifespans of communities, member engagement and why people participate.
- How to create a compelling purpose for your group, identifying your audience and how you group fits into the landscape.
- How to identify the community objectives, the benefits for members and their managers, and the focus for your community.
- How to define member roles, understanding how to facilitate the group and preparing to open the group.
- How to develop an action plan and pick the right tools for engagement.
What is the course format?
This is an online course held over a 14 day period presented in English using the Knowledge Hub platform, webinars and telephone conferencing. Scheduled activities will take place on the following dates at 10.00am lasting between 30 mins to 60 mins per day.
To get the most out of this course, we expect it to take 6-7 hours in total depending on your learning style. Each webinar session will be accompanied by task to complete within the Knowledge Hub Group set up for the training. Recordings of each webinar session will be made available in the group.
If you want to cover all the material, we advise that you schedule in the time to allow you to participate fully and take part in all the activities.
The course space will be open the week before it starts for introductions, access to reading material and space for experimentation with the tools. The space will close 2 weeks after the course has finished.
£150 + VAT per person. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange payment.
- All attendees must be registered on the Knowledge Hub at: https://khub.net (An invite to the group will be sent the week before the training starts.)
- All attendees must be able to access the webinar service https://www.join.me/
(Please note alternative webinar services can be used if discussed prior to the course.)
Participants should have a basic experience with and understanding of:
- the internet
- use of an internet browser
- written English
- some online interaction experience.
The latest browser versions are recommended for this workshop: Internet Explorer 10+ or Edge, Firefox or Chrome.
This course will be delivered by members of the Knowledge Hub Team, all of whom have many years’ experience in online facilitation and community management. If you require any other information, please contact the team email@example.com