The community is a network of like-minded people with an interest in project and programme delivery who want to learn and share experiences and knowledge. Our mission is to help build capability and grow talent so that we can transform project and programme delivery in government. With the help of this community, in 5 years we will have developed a project delivery profession that is brilliant at delivery and recognised for that in its own right.
Who is it for?
We aim to include everyone who contributes to the delivery of government projects, whether you work in a government department, an Arms Length Body or a project professional body. We welcome those of you who work in the private sector if you would like to participate in learning and sharing with others – we have one rule – no selling!
What’s in it for you?
Our research has told us that your major need is for a safe space where you can:
- Build relationships that transcend organisational boundaries;
- Collaborate with others to share ideas and solve problems;
- Find people who know the answers to your questions because they have done it before; and
- Share your experiences for others to learn from.
In short it will help you find - the Right Person with the Right Answer at the Right Time.
There are more tangible benefits too that will help both you and your organisation – some examples:
- Saving time and money by finding information and answers sooner;
- Keeping up to date with the most current thinking;
- Progressing new ideas with a wider audience;
- Sharing good practice and avoiding duplication; and
- Rapid Induction - supporting new Project staff in their induction and development.
So what do you have to do now?
Register yourself in the groups that interest you and start building your profile – that’s all you need to do to get started. Later on you will be able to set up your own groups within the Government Project Delivery Community based on your own shared interests.
- See a list of all the Government Project Delivery Community groups here.
- Edit your profile - from your name, top right. Just click 'my profile'.
- Your responsibilities as a member of the Government Project Delivery Community