Intergen is a charity bringing together older people and schoolchildren in the community. It exists to address the problems of:
- under performance of pupils in schools
- low aspirations of pupils
- loneliness of older people, and
- hostile intergenerational stereotypes.
Intergen’s vision is a society in which schools and older people work in partnership to make a positive contribution to the development of young people and their local communities. By bringing older and younger people together in their neighbourhood schools it aims to:
- enrich opportunities to learn
- raise aspirations
- share the untapped range of skills and knowledge that older citizens have to offer, and
- build stronger communities.
For more information on Intergen call 020 89800693 or visit intergen.org.uk.