Cornwall Council Benchmarking
Cornwall Council is refreshing its Environment
Services contract, and as part of process, we are undertaking a
benchmarking exercise to capture best practice across other Local
Authorities. I wonder if anyone here could help me with the
questions below? And if you could share your existing arrangements,
I will be extremely grateful.
Many thanks !
- Do you deliver activities such as routine inspection of
Environment Assets, Public Rights of Way routine inspection,
specialist arboriculture services, Inspection and routine
maintenance of equipped play areas/youth facilities, Capital works
design, project management of Countryside/Coastal Access, Burials
service for Council run cemeteries and delivery of landscaping
grounds maintenance services?
- Are those activities delivered “in house” or outsourced to a 3rd
- Is it a stand-alone contract or embedded into other activities?
- Is it a bespoke contract or a model form such as NEC3, JTC?
- Is the Supplier a teckal company?
- Was the contract tendered or awarded directly to a Supplier?
- Could you share the payment methodology and how productivity is
- Could you share the service specification?
- Could you please also share with us the KPIs that are used to
monitor the effectiveness of the delivery?