Where Agile fits in Management and HR:
- Traditional annual performance appraisals use an older "waterfall" method - continuous feedback and recognition is an "agile" approach.
- Traditional formal training and certification is a "waterfall" model - rapid e-learning and informal learning is an "agile" approach
- Top down cascading goals are a "waterfall" approach - rapidly updated "objectives and key results" is an "agile" model.
- Traditional annual rewards and bonuses are a "waterfall" model - continuous recognition and social recognition systems are an "agile" model.
- The annual employee engagement survey is a "waterfall" model - continuous online idea factories and open blogs are an "agile" model for employee engagement.
- The annual development planning process is a "waterfall" model - an ongoing coaching relationship is an "agile" model for leadership.
- The traditional recruiting process is a "waterfall" model - this is being replaced by a continuous process of social recruiting and referral-based recruiting which can be rolled out in a few hours.
For the full article - http://www.bersin.com/Blog/post/The-Agile-Model-comes-to-Management2c-Learning2c-and-Human-Resources.aspx