Introduction to Reservoirs training for LLFAs
Introduction to Reservoirs training for LLFAs (Version 1.0)Uploaded by Anna Parr, 27/08/19 11:20 Introduction to Reservoirs training for LLFAs
Roger Lewis, a senior advisor in the Reservoir Safety Team has given a pre-recorded introductory WebEx about reservoirs. The WebEx was aimed at LLFAs however, it is also relevant to anyone who is interested in an introduction to Reservoirs. The WebEx includes:
• Back ground legislation/definition of a Reservoir
• LLFA and EA responsibilities for Reservoirs generally and in an emergency
• Reservoir Owners responsibility
• Mapping of breach scenarios
• ARPEs/Supervising Engineer roles, inspections and section 10’s
• Hydrology/PMF/1 in 10’000 year safety standards.
• Typical structures associated with reservoir safety, i.e. raised dams, spillways, control structures etc.
• Incident management