Please read and accept the following terms and conditions before using any of the services on khub.net.
The first section provides a short overview of the full terms below.
Knowledge Hub is a free to join, UK hosted community platform based on open source and open standards portal technology. It supports professional social networking, collaboration and the sharing of information and ideas across public administration, the public sector and those working in or with public service improvement.
For successful collaboration to happen, we expect our members to:
Sign in regularly
Complete their profiles
Actively and regularly contribute to group and general discussion
Share knowledge and expertise willingly
Take responsibility for all content they upload and consider responsibly the information they share
Receive member update emails from us (this excludes your own notifications, which you can manage within the site)
Encourage colleagues to use Knowledge Hub
We do not expect our members to:
Sell or promote products/services unless expressly authorised to do so
Upload inappropriate information and content they are unauthorised to publish
Behave in a manner that is deemed inappropriate for a professional networking site or illegal
Leave their accounts dormant for long periods of time
We expect our group facilitators to be active by:
Visiting and monitoring their group(s) on a regular basis
Overseeing and managing their group(s) fairly and to the best of their ability
Transferring their facilitator responsibilities to someone else should they no longer be in a position to facilitate their group(s)
We reserve the right to intervene to temporarily support groups that are not being actively facilitated.
We encourage open and transparent collaboration for social good and the improvement of public services, and we endeavour to reflect this commitment in our pricing policies.
Membership of the Knowledge Hub is available to all individuals free of charge provided they adhere to these terms. Membership of some Knowledge Hub groups may be subject to approval by group facilitators.
We offset some of Knowledge Hub’s running costs through carefully selected sponsorship and advertising. Find out more in our KHub Connects FAQs.
Anyone wishing to sponsor a group and/or network or place advertising on the site can find out more on our information pages.
Some functionality and facilities may be chargeable. These include, but are not limited to:
Ownership of private groups (all sectors)
Ownership of open and restricted groups (free for public and not for profit sectors, otherwise chargeable)
A social hub
Access to premium services
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
These Terms between Us and You apply to your use of the Knowledge Hub Platform (the “Service”) as defined below.
We observe the right to amend, modify or supplement these Terms from time to time at our discretion.
By accessing the Knowledge Hub Platform, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted the Terms and that you are bound by them, whether or not you are a Registered User of the Knowledge Hub Platform.
If you are using the Service on behalf of a public authority, a company or any other legal entity you are bound by these Terms, even if that organisation has its own separate agreement with us.
Any information or data added into the Service by You or by Users not limited to information, data, text, software, photographs, graphics, messages, tags, ideas, concepts, tags, forum posts, datasets, techniques and/or any other material generated by Us or Users.
The fees payable by You, whether or not a representative of a company or organisation, in respect of Your and/or Users' use of the Service.
Any person registered on the Knowledge Hub Platform.
The Knowledge Hub Platform is a free to join, UK- hosted community platform based on open source and open standards portal technology. It supports professional social networking, collaboration and the sharing of information and ideas across public administration, the public sector and those working in or with public service improvement. We provide a rich collection of collaboration tools and services including but not limited to discussion forums, blogs, wikis, news feeds, blogs, email alerts, instant messaging, direct messaging, calendars, ideas management, polls, user ratings, tagging and document libraries.
The capabilities of the Service as specified by Us which are subject to change from time to time at our discretion.
The service levels in respect of Our provision of the Service as specified in the Terms which may vary from time to time.
The terms and conditions set out herein.
Any person, registered or otherwise, accessing whole or any part of the Service.
The individual, whether or not a representative of a company or organisation, at whose request We provide the Service under licence on these Terms.
https://khub.net operated by MYKHUB.NET LIMITED (see 27. CONTACT DETAILS for company and contact information)
3. ACCESS TO THE SERVICE
By registering to use the Service we grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-sublicenseable license to use the Service, through a generally available web browser, mobile device or authorized application (but not through scraping, spidering, crawling or other technology or software used to access data without our express written consent), subject to these Terms.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Service. We cannot guarantee that the transmission of any information over your internet connection will be secure nor can we guarantee that the Service will be compatible with any or all hardware and software that you may use to visit the Service.
Access to, and the use of, some parts of the Service (including Content) may be restricted to Registered Users or selected Registered Users only (e.g. owners or facilitators of Groups or Networks to control access to their Groups or Networks) and you may require their prior approval to join certain Groups.
We may, at our sole discretion, refuse to register a user or to limit access to all or part of the Service to certain users, or terminate the membership of a Registered User without providing reasons for doing so.
We reserve the right to withdraw, suspend or amend access to all or any part of the Service or cease its operation temporarily or permanently at any time without notice.
We reserve the right to intervene to temporarily support groups that are not being actively facilitated.
Use of the Service commercially or for commercial gain is prohibited and in serious breach of these Terms unless you have gained express prior written authorisation to do so and/or have paid to Us in advance the agreed Fees. This includes and is not limited to commercial activity and the advertising of products and services.
Further information about our Fees is provided in 13. PAID FOR SERVICES.
4. AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICE
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Service is accessible 24 hours per day on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We give no warranties or guarantees that the Service will meet particular levels of availability or functionality. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you do not post any business critical information or material on the Service and that you keep copies of all information and content you post on the Service in accordance with your employer's policies and processes.
We reserve the right from time to time, and at any time, to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part thereof) with or without prior notice and You agree that We shall not be liable to You or to any third party as a result of Our modification of the Service.
We expect to provide updates to the Service, and to perform routine maintenance from time to time. These may involve a small period of time where the Service is unavailable. Service announcements will be posted on https://khub.net as far as it is possible to do so.
In the event of unscheduled or emergency maintenance for security or any other reason, the Service may be unavailable for a period of time with no advance warning.
We may establish general practices and limits concerning the use of the Service, including the amount of disk space, activity, bandwidth, or any other resource available (including Helpdesk availability) in order to preserve the functionality of the Service and its availability to other Users.
We shall be entitled to subcontract the performance of all or part of the Service and its support activities in order to comply with Our obligations under these Terms.
Although you register to use Service as an individual You are participating in your work capacity. Therefore, please make sure that you are aware of, and comply with, your employer's information and other policies regarding participating in collaboration platforms with access to social media tools.
In order to use certain aspects of the Service you must complete the registration form available via the Service. You can access the registration form from the homepage of the Knowledge Hub Platform or you can Register Here
The information you supply when registering for the Service will be available to other Registered Users dependent on your privacy settings, although your name will always be viewable on your profile. You can amend your privacy settings by editing your personal profile. To do this, sign in to the Knowledge Hub Platform, go to the drop down arrow next to your name (top right) and select ‘Edit profile’ and then ‘Log in details’.
For purposes of service messages and notices about the Service, we may place information on pages across the Service to alert you to certain changes such as modifications to these Terms. Alternatively, notice may consist of an email from us to an email address associated with your account, even if we have other contact information. You also agree that we may communicate with you through your account or through other means including email, mobile number, telephone, or delivery services including the postal service about your account or services associated with the Service. Please review your Notification Settings to control what kind of messages you receive from the Service including messages from Us, and from Groups, Networks and other Registered Users. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to maintain accurate contact or other information, including, but not limited to, your failure to receive critical information about the Service.
6. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You own the information which you provide to us when you register as a user. You may ask us to delete it at any time unless you have shared information or content with other users and Registered Users and they have not deleted it, or the information has been copied and stored by other users. You are responsible for ensuring that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date.
The profile that you create when you become a Registered User will become a part of the Service and, apart from the information which you licence to us, is owned by us. However, as between you and other users, it belongs to you. You agree that you will:
- keep your password secure and confidential;
- not allow anyone else to use your account;
- not use anyone else's account;
- not sell, trade or transfer your account to anyone else; and
- not charge anyone for access to or the use of any part of the Service or Content on it.
You are responsible for anything which happens on or through your account until you either close it down, or prove to us that your account's security was compromised for reasons which were not your fault.
We comply with all relevant data protection legislation and regulations, including but not limited to the Data Protection Act 1998.
- required by law; or
- necessary to assist in the prevention; or
- detection of any criminal action (including fraud) or is in the overriding public interest and is permitted by law.
7. YOUR PASSWORD
If you know or suspect that your password has been disclosed to another person you must immediately Contact Us to let us know and change your password. We have the right to disable your user name and password at any time if in our opinion we believe your account’s been compromised or if you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
8. YOUR CONDUCT
We allow you access to the Service as a Registered User on the following terms, which you agree:
- you provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself on any registration forms on the Service ("Registration Data");
- you only use the Service to post, use or send content and messages that comply with our instructions and which are legal (in respect of the law applicable in England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and in any country from which it is posted) and appropriate to the Service;
- you maintain the security of your user name and password;
- you maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to us, to keep it accurate, current and complete;
- if you cease to work within the organisation which you indicated at the time of registration you worked for, you must immediately update your Registration Data;
- you take responsibility for all actions taken under your username and password;
- you do not create additional registered user accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Service, or other Users;
- you do not seek to pass yourself off as another person or user; and
- you comply with these Terms.
You must not do any of the following:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, intimidate, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy or intellectual property rights where applicable) of others;
- impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity or use or attempt to use another Registered User's account;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be obscene, indecent, unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, fraudulent, hateful, or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material which contains a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism;
- use the Service for commercial purposes unless We have given You prior written authorisation to do so, for which We may require You to pay a fee. In particular, You may not sell or advertise any goods or services on the Knowledge Hub Platform unless We have first granted You a licence to do so and have received payment of the appropriate licence fee from You. ;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited advertising (although you may upload non-commercial events you think may be of interest to other Registered Users acting in their professional capacity), unauthorised advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or engage in any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available content unless you are sure there are no restrictions (such as copyright) on your ability to do so;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, corrupted files, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- delete any required author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in, or falsify the origin or source of, any material that is uploaded;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or in any way seek to change the Service or otherwise interact with the Service;
- register for more than one user account, register for a user account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a user account on behalf of any group or entity; or
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make publicly available on the Service any private, personal or sensitive information of, or concerning, any other party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and credit card numbers without first having obtained their written consent to this.
You should be aware that , should you fail to access the Service for a set period of time, your account may be deemed inactive and may be deactivated and deleted.
We will determine, in our sole discretion, whether a contribution to the Service or any other activity breaches these Terms.
9. VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse the Service by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Service, the servers on which the Service is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Service. You must not attack the Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
The majority of the information, data, text, software, photographs, graphics, messages, tags, ideas, concepts, tags, forum posts, datasets, techniques and/or any other material ("Content") on the Service is generated by our Registered Users.
Content may be out of date and we make no commitment to update or remove Content. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, integrity or quality of any Content on the Service.
Content is for information only and cannot be regarded as constituting advice or recommendations (professional or otherwise) and should not be relied on without taking independent advice. You are solely responsible for any decisions you take based on Content. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on Content by any User to the Service, or from any reliance placed on Content by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
When you use the Service you will be able to share Content with us and with certain other Registered Users and will have access to Content provided by certain other Registered Users. You are solely responsible for Content you post or make available on the Service. Any Content you display on the Service is done so entirely at your own risk. You acknowledge that
Content posted on the Service may be viewable by all other Registered Users and will be publicly available.
When you make Content available to us and other Users, you are representing and warranting that you are entitled to submit that information, that it is accurate, not confidential and that you making it available it does not violate any contractual or statutory restrictions or third party rights, including copyright. It is your responsibility to make sure that Content is accurate and (where appropriate) up-to-date.
You may also be able to communicate with other Registered Users through the Service and you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for those communications. We are not responsible for the behaviour or activities of Registered Users.
The Service offers various ways for you to post your observations and comments on designated topics. It also allows users to share information by allowing them to post updates, including links to news articles and other Content to other parts of the site. Registered Users can apply to create Groups; however, we may (in our sole discretion) close or transfer Groups, or remove Content if the Content violates this Agreement or others' intellectual property rights or has been inactive for a period of time. Ideas and information that you post and share may be seen and used by other Users. We cannot guarantee that other Users will not use the ideas and information that you share on the Service. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential or don't want others to use, or that is subject to third party rights that may be infringed by your sharing it, do not post it to any Group, or elsewhere on the Service. We are not responsible for any other person's misuse or misappropriation of any Content or information you post on the Service.
We recommend that you do not include your home address, telephone number or other sensitive personal information in any messages you send via the Service and that you do not post any Content on the Service unless you are willing for it to be shared with other Registered Users and made public. Please make sure you have complied with your employer's information disclosure and confidentiality policies when posting Content on the Service.
We are not legally required to comply with Freedom of Information Act 2000 ("FOI") legislation but we endeavour to comply with the spirit of the legislation. Accordingly, we reserve the right to consider and respond to requests for information which might or might not be held on the Service as if FOI legislation applied to us. All such requests are dealt with on an individual basis and in discussion with the parties concerned.
We may from time to time disclose Content provided by Registered Users to the police or other enforcement or regulatory bodies if:
- the disclosure may assist their investigations or
- the disclosure is required by law or any regulatory obligation, or
- we believe that such disclosure is necessary to assist in the prevention or detection of any criminal action (including fraud).
11. POSTING CONTENT ON THE SERVICE
By making Content available on the Service you grant us (and our agents, successors and assignees) an irrevocable, fully paid-up and royalty-free, perpetual licence (with the right to sub-licence and to assign) to use, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, reproduce, modify, adapt, remove, retain, add, process, analyse, use and commercialise your
Content via the Service in any way now known or discovered in the future for the following purposes:
- providing the Service to users and promoting the specific community or other part of the Service to which such Content was made available;
- so that the Content can be made available and be used, viewed and downloaded by those Registered Users that have access to the specific community or other part of Service to which such Content was made available.
As a Registered User, you agree to comply with these Terms, and agree to acknowledge the source of the Content when sharing it on the Service and retain any proprietary notices which may apply to it.
12. OWNERSHIP, COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Service includes our copyrights and intellectual property rights and, except for the limited license granted to you in 3. ACCESS TO THE SERVICE, we reserve all of our intellectual property rights in and associated with the Service. This includes all Knowledge Hub logos and other MYKHUB.NET LIMITED trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Service. Other trademarks and logos used in connection with the Service may be the trademarks of their respective owners. These Terms do not grant you any right or license in respect of any such trademarks and logos.
All copyright, trademarks, design rights, database rights and other intellectual property rights in or relating to Our Content on the Service (but not Content supplied by Users) belongs to us or our third party licensors. You may access, use and reproduce Our Content (excluding any software code) solely for the purposes of your use of the Service.
You may also print, copy or download Our Content provided always that:
- you acknowledge us as the source of Our Content;
- all titles credits and URLs are included; and
- you comply with any legal notice contained in Our Content.
Permission to use Our Content is revocable by us at any time.
You may not attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, copy, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software used or provided by Us in connection with the Service, except as permitted by law.
13. PAID FOR SERVICES
We encourage open and transparent collaboration for social good and the improvement of public services, and we endeavour to reflect this commitment in our pricing policies.
Membership of the Service as a Registered User is available to all individuals free of charge provided that these Terms are adhered to. Registered Users have access to a range of free tools including a personal blog, messaging facilities, membership of Groups (which may be subject to approval by Group facilitators) and functionality provided by those Groups including document libraries, wikis, discussion forums, ideas and events calendars.
We offset some costs of making the Service available to Users through carefully selected sponsorship and advertising.
Further information about our advertising and sponsorship policies can be found in our KHub Connects FAQs.
If you wish to sponsor a Group and/or Network or place advertising on the Service, further details can be found on our information pages.
Some functionality and facilities within the Service may be provided for a Fee which must be paid to Us in advance of the functionality or facility being taken up. These may be chargeable at a User, Group Owner or Network Owner level depending on the functionality or facility. Chargeable functionality and facilities include, and are not limited to:
Ownership of Private Group (all sectors)
Ownership of Open and Restricted Groups (free for public and not for profit sectors, otherwise chargeable)
A Social Hub
Access to Premium Services
Advertising on the Service
Sponsorship of a Group and/or Network
Use of the Service for commercial gain
Paid for services may be purchased either direct from us (see 27. CONTACT DETAILS) or via a procurement framework such as G-Cloud or LASA (Local Authority Software Applications).
Find out more about our services here.
Licences for selling or advertising on the Knowledge Hub Platform can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: We will treat Selling or Advertising on the Knowledge Hub Platform without having first obtained the appropriate licence to do so from Us as deemed acceptance by You of our current licensing charges, which will be payable immediately.
We reserve the right to change our Fees from time to time.
If we terminate a paid for service this is because you have breached the Terms, You shall not be entitled to a refund of any unused portion of our Fees (if there are any).
If you pay (or have paid) a Fee to set up a Group or Network, or if you have paid for any of the services offered, you agree to us storing your payment information.
You also agree to pay all of our Fees as they become due, and to be responsible for paying all related taxes and to pay any costs which we may have to incur to collect our Fees, as well as interest on any amounts which may be overdue. If you fail to pay, we may terminate your subscription to the service(s) you have paid for.
Depending on your location, the type of payment method you use and where your payment method is issued, your payment may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices caused by exchange rates. We do not support all methods of payment, currencies or payment locations. If you use a payment method, such as a credit card, whose expiration date has passed and you have not edited your payment method information or cancelled, you authorise us to continue billing that payment method and you will remain responsible for any amounts which we are unable to collect. You will continue to be responsible for paying our Fees through to the end of the service subscription period in which you cancel your subscription. All applicable taxes are calculated using the billing information which you provide to us at the time of purchasing.
If you require a printed invoice for your transaction with us, you may request one by Contacting Us.
Any service subscription you pay is annual in advance. Our refunds policy adheres to the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. We do not guarantee that we will provide a refund if you do not use the service, functionality or facility you have paid for or if you are not satisfied with it. However each request will be reviewed on its own merits. If you believe that you are due a refund then please Contact Us.
By using the Service you accept that you will be able to access Content posted by other Registered Users in an unedited and unrestricted form. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor the use of the Service. Facilitators of Groups may also monitor your use of that community. We will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any Content.
We reserve the right to promptly, without notice to you, reject, remove, or edit any Content on the Service without any liability on our part. Facilitators of Groups may also do this where the Content is posted in the community they manage.
If you encounter any content or behaviour in connection with the use of the Service which you think is unacceptable you should flag it as inappropriate and Contact Us to report it. We will then review the content or behaviour and decide whether it complies with the Terms and we will deal with it in our discretion.
Where we consider it appropriate, we (or the facilitator of the applicable Group) will endeavour to contact you to inform you that a complaint has been received in relation to Content which you have uploaded, the action that we have taken, our evaluation of the allegation, and what steps (if any) we require you to take.
We do not verify the identity of our Registered Users and you should not assume that the details of Registered Users are accurate. We are not liable for false or misleading statements by Registered Users.
We do not warrant that the Service is uninterrupted or error free or free of viruses, worms, Trojan Horses or technical defects of any description‚ and we accept no responsibility for any technical problems arising from your use of the Service.
Unless we specifically state otherwise, we provide the Service to you without any conditions, warranties, or guarantees which are expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law.
16. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
Nothing within these Terms operates so as to exclude, limit or restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to attempt to limit or exclude our liability.
We will not be liable for:
- any indirect, consequential or special losses or damages or any loss of profits, data or income arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of or in connection with your use of the Service;
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- any loss, damage, expense, costs, delays or other liability whatsoever (including without limitation any financial losses such as loss of profit) which you may incur as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation any failure of transmission, communication, computer or other facilities or your inability to access the Service for any reason or any failure, error or delay in the sending or receiving of any notice or communication or instruction through the post or any electronic medium or any virus infection or denial of service attack).
- In the event that you have or believe that you may have any right, claim or action against any other Registered User from that Registered User's use of the Service, you agree to pursue such right, claim or action independently of and without recourse to us, and you release us and you will procure that any third party releases us from all claims, loss, damage expense, costs, delays and other liability, known and unknown, arising from or in any way connected with such right, claim or action.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Registered Users. We may limit the number of connections you may have to other Registered Users and may, in certain circumstances, prohibit you from contacting other Registered Users through use of the Service or otherwise limit your use of the Service. We reserve the right, but are not obliged, to monitor disputes between you and other Registered Users and to restrict, suspend, or close your account if we determine, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary to enforce these Terms.
For as long as we continue to provide the Service, we will seek to update, improve and expand the services which the Service provides to Registered Users. As a result, we allow you to access the Service as it may exist and be available on any given day and we have no other obligations, except as expressly stated in these Terms. We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue the Service, partially or entirely, or change and modify prices prospectively for all or part of the services it provides to you or all Registered Users in our sole discretion. All of these changes shall be effective upon their posting on the Service or by direct communication to you.
We also reserve the right to withhold, remove or discard any Content available as part of your account, with or without notice if we consider it (in our absolute discretion) to be contrary to these Terms. We have no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any Content that you or other Registered Users create or provide when using the Service.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR ANY OTHER SORT OF INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM:
(A) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE;
(B) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; OR
(C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE SERVICE AND ANY USE BY YOU OF IT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED POUNDS STERLING (£100)
17. YOUR LIABILITY TO US
You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities and reasonable costs (including lawyers' fees and costs) arising from or in connection with your use of and conduct on the Service, any Content which you submit to the Service and your breach of any of the Terms.
If you think that you are entitled or obliged by any applicable law to act in breach of any of the terms or to breach this Agreement, you must give us a detailed and evidence-based explanation of your reasons for doing so at least 30 days before you do so, so that we can consider and decide whether we wish (at our sole discretion) to remedy the situation, although we will be under no obligation to do so.
If you no longer wish to be a Registered User, please Contact Us.
If we believe that you have not complied with the Terms we may, at our discretion and without incurring liability, cancel your membership and restrict access to the Service immediately and without giving you any prior notice.
Even after termination (for whatever reason) these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
Any failure or delay by us to enforce strict performance by you of any of the Terms or to exercise any right under the Terms will not be regarded as a waiver of any rights.
If any provision of the Terms is found by any Court, or other competent body to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable, that part shall be deemed to be severable from the Terms and the remaining provisions of the Terms shall continue in full force and effect.
The Terms are not intended, nor shall they operate, to create a partnership or joint venture of any kind between us and you, and you are not authorised to act as our agent.
22. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
Nothing in the Terms shall create or confer any rights or any other benefits whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise in favour of any person other than you or us.
We may provide you with notices regarding the Service or the Terms by regular mail, email, or postings to this website.
24. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the use of the Service and supersede any previous agreements between you and us regarding such subject matter.
We may assign, delegate or transfer our rights, liabilities and/or obligations under the Terms without your prior consent and upon such assignment, delegation or transfer we shall be relieved of any further obligations under the Terms. You shall not assign, delegate or transfer any of your rights, liabilities and/or obligations under the Terms without our prior written consent.
26. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The interpretation, construction, effect and enforceability of these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. You and we agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
27. CONTACT DETAILS
The Service is operated by MYKHUB.NET LIMITED. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08721925 and have our registered office at 1 London Street, Reading, RG1 4QW.
We can be contacted at the above address or via email at email@example.com
We are committed to protecting your privacy online.
If you do not want us to collect, use and transfer your personal information in this way then you should (depending on what it is you object to) Contact Us and ask for your information to be deleted.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1988 (the "Act"), the data controller is MYKHUB.NET LIMITED, 1 London Street, Reading, RG1 4QW ("we" or "us").
2. WHAT WE MEAN BY PERSONAL INFORMATION
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
If you register on the Knowledge Hub Platform as a user, we ask you for certain basic and personal information in order to build up your user profile, for example your name and email address.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information you provide via the "Registration" page when registering to use the Knowledge Hub Platform including your name, email address, job title and any updated information you provide from time to time;
- any comments you may have about your application to register to use the Knowledge Hub Platform;
- information you provide via the "My Profile" page;
- information you provide when you submit or post content to the Knowledge Hub Platform or when you contact us (including when you report a problem with the Knowledge Hub Platform to us).
- additional information we may request from you from time to time either by contacting you directly or through the Knowledge Hub Platform, although there will be no obligation on you to provide this additional information.
- details of your visits to the Knowledge Hub Platform including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information from your computer and browser including your IP address and cookies information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns. Please see Section 9 below for more information.
We will let you know on the registration page if the provision of certain information is optional.
If you provide us with information about another person you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, consent to the processing of their personal data including sensitive personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out below) for which their personal data will be processed.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to our processing your personal data for the purposes set out below.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information held about you in the following main ways:
- so that we can administer and support the Knowledge Hub Platform and your use of the Knowledge Hub Platform;
- so that administrators/facilitators of networks/social hubs and/or groups you are a member of may administer and support their network/social hub and/or groups and your use of those areas;
- to provide you with access to the appropriate areas and functions of the Knowledge Hub Platform (including to particular content);
- to contact you by email from time to time, in order to ask for your views on the Knowledge Hub Platform and/or any of the content on the Knowledge Hub Platform;
- to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Knowledge Hub Platform;
- for Subscribers to access and search the People Finder facility available via the Knowledge Hub Platform and connect with other registered users of the Knowledge Hub Platform;
- for assessment and analysis to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer; and/or
- for other purposes to which you have given your consent
We may also use information provided by you (such as what you think about the Knowledge Hub Platform and improvements that you would like to see made) or statistical information collected, so that we can improve the Knowledge Hub Platform or make your visits to the Knowledge Hub Platform more rewarding.
We do not sell, trade or rent your information to other parties unless we have first obtained your consent. If you do give us permission, we will only share information with organisations we have carefully selected and believe to be reputable. We may provide statistics about our customer sales, traffic patterns and related site information to third parties, but we will not supply any personal information that would enable you to be identified.
Except in very specific circumstances, we do not disclose any of your information to other parties, except where you have given your consent in the "My Profile" section of the Knowledge Hub Platform. In this respect we may need to share your information with our service providers and agents for the above purposes. We may also disclose your information to any of our affiliate, subsidiary or holding companies and any successor body to us.
Otherwise, we reserve the right to give your personal information to a third party without your consent where we believe that such disclosure is (i) required by law or (ii) necessary to assist in the prevention or detection of any criminal action (including fraud) or (iii) is in the overriding public interest and is permitted by law.
By registering as a user of the Knowledge Hub Platform, you acknowledge and agree that some of the information you provide may be accessed from countries outside the UK. Please note that countries outside Europe may have lower or different standards of data protection than in the UK.
5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are strongly committed to data security and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to seek to safeguard the information you provide to us.
However, owing to the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. We recommend that you take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are using the knowledge Hub Platform and the internet.
6. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will keep and use the personal information for as long as you are registered as a user of the Knowledge Hub Platform, and for at least 3 years afterwards, in order to deal with any consequent queries or complaints you may have. We may retain the personal information for longer than this if there is a legal reason or requirement to keep the information for longer, for example if it is relevant to any current legal proceedings.
Any references to you in any current records and any statistical or anonymised information (from which you cannot be identified) may be kept for longer periods.
7. UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a registered user, you can access all the information we hold about you and you can amend or update any inaccuracies in your personal information by logging on to your personal profile. If you have any other queries regarding the information we hold about you then you should contact us at the contact addresses set out in Section 10.
9. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
As set out in Section 3 above, we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address (which is a unique identifier of the user's computer or other access device), operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small files stored in your computer's hard drive by your web browser. When you access the Knowledge Hub Platform, if you have enabled cookies, our computer server will access these cookies so that it can recognise your computer. These cookies help us to improve the Knowledge Hub Platform and deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Knowledge Hub Platform according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to the Knowledge Hub Platform.
When you first access the sites, we will give you the option to choose not to receive cookies, or to allow you to be prompted every time a cookie is sent to you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, and you can change your cookie settings at any time. Please note that in a few cases some features of the Knowledge Hub Platform may not function if you remove cookies from your browser.
10. CONTACT US
If you have any queries about how we use your information you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at MYKHUB.NET LIMITED, 1 London Street, Reading, RG1 4QW.