We have now agreed the date and speakers for our forthcoming Symposium. The theme is Together we are Stronger. You will find more details and a link to book below.
We will be discussing topics that are impacting Local Authorities Trading Standards today. If would be great if you could join us to share your experience as an existing partner with others present on the day who are considering this option.
Checkatrade Symposium – Edgbaston Birmingham 22nd February 2017
Combining the intelligence of Trading Standards and the 18 years of award winning pioneering service from Checkatrade, there is before us probably the most significant opportunity this country has seen to date to protect residents from rogue trades.
Kevin Byrne Founder of Checkatrade.
Join us at our ground-breaking Symposium as we explore how, through partnerships, we can deliver on the above statement.
Attendees can expect:
• Thought provoking sessions from Keynote speakers
• Understand how Local Authorities can collaborate through partnerships
- To learn about the Checkatrade partnership model
• Case studies and a demonstration of the software platform built for Trading Standards
• Networking with like-minded professionals
Who should attend?
• Directors and senior managers of regulatory services
• Local authority cabinet members and portfolio holders
• Senior trading standards officers
• Social Care and Safeguarding organisations
Key note speakers will deliver thought provoking sessions during the day
Coming together as a panel at the end of the day to explore how through partnership we can make more of a difference in some or all of the following key areas
- Support people with dementia – Traders who are Dementia Friendly
- Support scam victims – Traders who are Friends Against Scams Traders, refer victims etc.
- Care Act - provide reputable care services and specialist trades people for home adaptation work
- Economic growth - supporting SME’s and start ups
- Intelligence gathering - consumer complaints, business data, vulnerable residents
- Protecting the Environment - CAT traders follow good environmental practices
- Modern day slavery
You will have the opportunity to select the topics that are a priority to your Authority via an electronic survey before the event.
This event is for those who would like to understand more about Local Authority Partnerships with Checkatrade, and how they are bringing benefits to regulatory services.
Leon Livermore, CTSI Chief Executive
Kevin Byrne, Founder of Checkatrade
Professor Keith Brown; Bournemouth University
Louise Baxter, NTS Scams Team
Marilyn Baldwin, Th!nk Jessica
Paul McKay, Nottinghamshire County Council
Erica Sheward, Regulatory Delivery
Rebecca Lacey, Kent Count Council
To book a place at the Checkatrade Symposium, please click on the link CTSI Booking site