Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - April

Change of red line prior to determination

Anneke Thomas-Evers, Addaswyd 18 Diwrnod yn ôl.

Change of red line prior to determination

New Member Postiadau: 2 Dyddiad Ymuno: 20/04/2024 Bostiadau diweddar

Our local authority in Wales filed a planning application to turn a Resource Centre into flats and a house. The red line was drawn around this Centre/gardens.

On a the location plan it was noted that the nearby 8 parking spaces were associated with this resource centre.

However, I found mention on previous Planning Applications with regards to this same centre that the centre never had control over these parking spaces.

I mentioned this in my objection in which I also stated that parking is oversubscribed as it is, and a potential extra 9 vehicles may cause future problems.

The Council have now amended the red line boundary to include these 8 car parking spaces and a reconsultation has started. They won't tell me why, but I suspect they want to claim these spaces solely for the new development.

Can they do this, when historically these parking spaces have been used by shop visitors, existing residents, play area visitors etc. on a first-come basis?

For extra info: The Resource centre was developed from flats/house about 20 years ago. So basically the Council want to turn it back into flats/house. A year since the resource centre came into being, the parking was reduced from about 20 spaces to 8. 

I would really appreciate your insight. Thank you.

Ted Slevin, Addaswyd 18 Diwrnod yn ôl.

RE: Change of red line prior to determination

Enthusiast Postiadau: 43 Dyddiad Ymuno: 24/01/2017 Bostiadau diweddar

Loss of car parking spaces is a constant blight for town centres 

in wales Blaenau Ffestiniog for example overnight parking has dropped by nearly half over the last 20years

so much so that local b and b are now recommending that guests park in a unused market hall on the edge of the town some 800 yards from some properties 

what will happen when the market hall finds a use is anyone's guess a listed building by the way

a recent planing application which was turned down calculated because the hall was within 100 m of a buss stop and 600 m from a railway station that 5 car parking places was addiquate

this is nonsense and detracts from the well-being of residence which is after all the aim of planning

any development such as the one discribed should include parking 

Even if this means making a ground floor all parking and one per apartment please 

More shops and cafes in Blaensu have closed recently and parking is accepted as a serious contributer

more annoying car parking in Blaenau has diminished due to grant money being spent on "art"

Some city centre flats in Manchester are now selling for £200,000 more if they have a parking space

planners should stop following silly rules based decisions and think about the consequences of their actions 

A. Thomas, Addaswyd 18 Diwrnod yn ôl.

RE: Change of red line prior to determination

New Member Postiadau: 2 Dyddiad Ymuno: 20/04/2024 Bostiadau diweddar

We're not even in a town centre. We're quite rural. GP is more than 2 km away. Poor public transport. So most people rely on a car. 

I'm just surprised they can just change the red line boundary to now include parking pre determination. The agent and applicant are both council departments, so I guess they can do what they like.