Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - Heddiw

Joint Charging Schedules

Former Member, Addaswyd 13 Years yn ôl.

Joint Charging Schedules

Can two or more adjoining authorities produce a joint Charging Schedule which applies to each administrative area?
Phil Morris, Addaswyd 13 Years yn ôl.

Re: Joint Charging Schedules

Enthusiast Postiadau: 40 Dyddiad Ymuno: 21/10/2011 Bostiadau diweddar
A Joint charging schedule requires a specific change to the regs I believe. However, there is nothing to stop the production of co-ordinated schedules based on combined evidence. The Greater Norwich Development Partnership is producing a schedule that it is intended each of the district partners will adopt with minor differences (like change of name!). We have a single evidence base and will have a single examination and expect to work together on implementation.
Former Member, Addaswyd 13 Years yn ôl.

Re: Joint Charging Schedules

Please see this exchange I had with the CLG. Hello Brian Thanks for the email. I understand why you would like a joint charging schedule and in many ways it would make sense for your two authorities. However, as you noted in your email, there are only very specific circumstances that would allow this, namely either a formal merging of the two authorities to become one LPA under s37 of the PCPA 2004 or to form a Joint Committee under s29 of that Act. The latter situation is the one which would then need a specific CIL regulation setting out the CIL powers that the two LPAs would be delegating to the Joint Committee. I think that the most pragmatic approach would be for both LPAs to join up and synchronise as much as possible ‑ joint evidence base, joint examination etc. but to stick to two charging schedules. The basis for this is that CIL rates must reflect the evidence from the LPA which has set the rates and so even with joint evidence, the different land/property markets could result in different rates between the two LPAs. I hope that helps, but please feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss further. Best regards, Peter ‑‑‑‑‑Original Message‑‑‑‑‑ From: Brian Crooks [mailto:Brian.Crooks at southandvale.gov.uk] Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:33 PM To: Peter Home Subject: CIL Joint Charging Schedule Dear Peter I attended the last POS seminar at Friends House. I am proposing that South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils produce a joint CIL charging schedule to cover both districts. The main reasons for this include: the fact the two districts are working jointly to an ever increasing degree; major allocations for development straddle the districts' boundaries, avoiding duplication of work and making best use of staff resources, and to minimise the cost of CIL examination. Do the CIL Regulations allow for joint schedules, or is my recollection correct that you said at the seminar although the legislation allows for this possibility a new regulation would need to be added to the existing regulations? If so, by what means can this be requested? I look forward to hearing from you. Yours sincerely Brian Crooks Shared Community Infrastructure Officer [some contact details removed / altered for bot protection : rich at pas]