Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - May

S106 Administration and Monitoring Charges

Former Member, Addaswyd 12 Years yn ôl.

S106 Administration and Monitoring Charges

We are currently reviewing our processing of Sect 106 agreements with an emphasis on administration and monitoring. I understand that many Authorities are adding a supplementary charge in the agreement to cover the cost which is used to fund or part fund posts with specific responsibility for monitoring and enforcing agreement. My question is on what legislative basis can this charge be made? I appreciate there is a requirement to manage the agreements in circ 05/05 but does that make it a statutory requirement, if it does and as I understand it, a charge cannot be made as it becomes a function of the LA and not an additional service which it does not have to provide. Could anyone point me in the right direction so we can establish the legitimacy of introducing a charge

Re: S106 Administration and Monitoring Charges

Denise Attached is the report taken to committee in 2009 when we decided to start charging. Hopefully it will help. When the Localism Act comes fully into force (expected April) then the General Power of Competence in Pt 1 Ch 1 would also seem to facilitate what you want to do.

Re: S106 Administration and Monitoring Charges

Thanks for taking the time to reply Graham, that will be a great help. Cheers Denise