Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - May

Infrastructure Funding Gap

Simon Pickstone, Addaswyd 11 Years yn ôl.

Infrastructure Funding Gap

Advocate Postiadau: 104 Dyddiad Ymuno: 22/04/2013 Bostiadau diweddar
Does anybody know whether one is required to depict the 'infrastructure funding gap' as purely the infrastructure intended to be funded through a CIL once other potential sources have been taken into account (including anticipated s106 obligations income, LA corporate borrowing, grant funding etc), or whether the gap includes infrastructure potentially to be funded through s106, LA corporate borrowing and/or grant funding etc? I have seen some cases where the gap is depicted purely as what is intended to be funded through a CIL, others where the gap is everything requiring funding through a s106 or CIL, and yet others which appear to ignore existing public sector sources of infrastructure funding where it seems the gap is the infrastructure cost total? In terms of 3rd party funding (grants) etc. it is my understanding that it should be subtracted from the infrastructure funding gap total but only if the funding total is known i.e. is confirmed? Are LAs expected to provide an estimate of anticipated 3rd part/grant income and subtract this from the infrastructure funding gap total?
Former Member, Addaswyd 11 Years yn ôl.

Re: Infrastructure Funding Gap

It is my understanding that the funding gap should be the gap after all other potential sources of funding have been identified. You should should identify, where possible, any public sector funding including national government funding, grants, corprorate capital programmes, and any other funding including S106 (make an assumption about how much you expect if necessary). For CIL, compare your estimate of available funding to your infrastructure costs and the difference is the CIL funding gap. For your Local Plan, compare your estimate of available funding, plus an estimate of how much you could secure via CIL with your infrastructure costs, and this will help to show the deliverability of your Loacl Plan. I think Appendix A of Rotherham's Publication Core Strategy is quite a clear example. http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/downloads/file/6665/publication_core_strategy_june_2012
Simon Pickstone, Addaswyd 11 Years yn ôl.

Re: Infrastructure Funding Gap

Advocate Postiadau: 104 Dyddiad Ymuno: 22/04/2013 Bostiadau diweddar
Cheers Harriet Regards, Simon