Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - May

Core Strategy Key diagram/Proposals Map - what to include?

thumbnail
Richard Overy, Addaswyd 14 Years yn ôl.

Core Strategy Key diagram/Proposals Map - what to include?

New Member Postiadau: 18 Dyddiad Ymuno: 24/05/2011 Bostiadau diweddar
Whilst looking at how other local authorities have produced their proposals maps I found that several had produced Core Strategies which included proposals map rather than key diagrams. PPS12 doesn't really help as the advice seems to be contradictory (see below); para 4.7 "Where core strategies allocate strategic sites, they must include a submission proposals map." para 4.1 "Locations for strategic development should be indicated on a key diagram" Does anyone have any further guidance on whether a proposals map or key diagram should be used for the Core Strategy? The reason for the question is that I am trying to plan the layers to be shown as part of each DPD over the next couple of years. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Former Member, Addaswyd 14 Years yn ôl.

Re: Core Strategy Key diagram/Proposals Map - what to include?

Having put a similar question to our GO in June, the advice given was that if a strategic site is to be allocated in the Core Strategy then it shoudl be shown on a proposals map, or extract of the proposals map attached to the Core Strategy as an appendix. If no such sites are to be allocated in the Core Strategy then a key diagram would suffice, the Poole Core Strategy was cited as an example. I agree with you that the advice in PPS12 is far from clear.
Graham Ritchie, Addaswyd 14 Years yn ôl.

Re: Core Strategy Key diagram/Proposals Map - what to include?

Enthusiast Postiadau: 26 Dyddiad Ymuno: 20/10/2011 Bostiadau diweddar
In Wokingham Borough's submission Core Strategy, the Council included both a Key Diagram and details of Proposal Map changes to formally allocate the four strategic sites. A copy of the key diagram and one of the map changes is attached below. The Core Strategy was submitted in August 2008 with the Hearings taking place in March and April 2009. The Inspector's Report is due to be received in October 2009.