Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - May

Aviation Policies

Former Member, Addaswyd 15 Years yn ôl.

Aviation Policies

There is a small general aviation airport within my local authority area that lies in the green belt. The airport has not been identified for expansion in the context of the Air Transport White Paper but there are local concerns about possible expansion and development taking place under permitted development rights. I am aware that some authorities have identified airports as 'major developed sites in the green belt' while others have treated them differently. I would like to here from authorities who have small airports and how they are dealing with them in policy terms either by way of core policies, development policies, or supplementary planning documents. I would also like to know if authorities have had any experience of airport master plans.
Former Member, Addaswyd 15 Years yn ôl.

Re: Aviation Policies

Hi Paul I work at Rushmoor Borough Council in Hampshire and we are currently planning for Farnborough Airport. The operators are currently preparing a masterplan and we're doing an AAP. Happy to discuss this if of any interest to you. You can contact planning on 01252 398 399 Emily Butcher (Senior Planning Officer)