Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - May

Housing and Employment Land Monitoring Tool?

Former Member, Addaswyd 15 Years yn ôl.

Housing and Employment Land Monitoring Tool?

We are looking into replacing our ageing countywide residential development monitoring database. We are looking for a solution that will monitor residential development and industrial/commercial and leisure sites and provide a user-friendly, flexible solution for its users which include districts/boroughs that provide site-by-site monitoring data. Can anyone advise on existing monitoring solutions that might be available on the market or of your experiences in developing an in-house system? Many thanks for your your help!

Re: Housing and Employment Land Monitoring Tool?

Hi Helen, I have been pointed to your message by our customer Jon Whitaker at Derbyshire County Council. cdpsoft have a spatial monitoring product called cdpsmart that is in use or being rolled out to Oxfiordshire, Norfolk, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Nottinghamshire County Councils as well as Islington and Barking and Dagenham. It links to local Development Control systems and can hold allocations and link them to the permissions themselves. It covers most aspects of planning permission monitoring. As this is quite a niche software product I don't think there is any other dedicated tool such as cdpsmart in the market. If you would like any more information I can be contacted on 020 3355 4370 or mike.cooper@cdpsoft.com Regards, Mike

Hi The GLA uses a system they call London Development Database (LDD). As far as I am aware this is an earlier version of the CDPsmart product, and is less "rich" in functionality. That is why we opted for CDPSmart as we need to monitor some 30000 new dwellings and other changes as they occur. The product is still being developed from user interaction so we have a chance to tailor this system to meet our needs. LDD is a bit stuck with large organisation organisation politics plus the need for all 33 London boroughs to agree to data collection changes. Our DC/BC adminstration product has not been properly developed to meet the present day monitoring needs, so we expect CDPSmart will be able to fill in the gaps between these products. Alan Austin from Barking and Dagenham

Many thanks for your helpful responses. I will certainly look into the CDPsmart product.