Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - May

trying to ensure houses are built

Former Member, Addaswyd 15 Years yn ôl.

trying to ensure houses are built

hi does anyone have any advice on where a planning permission has been conditioned to try to ensure it was 'substantially' underway within a set time (eg: two years). The reason for this would be to try to prevent developers from simply sitting on a consent (or doing the bare minimum by way of commencement) by requiring for example 50% of the total houses approved to have been started within say 2 years. This could change depending on the size of the development. ALternatively could a successful applicant be required to pay a financial penalty if a development had not reached a certain stage within a set time limit from the date of permission being granted?
Former Member, Addaswyd 15 Years yn ôl.

Re: trying to ensure houses are built

a conditon requireing a set amount of the development to be completed by a particular time would in my view be quite difficult to enforce or may not stand up to a test of reasonablness in a lot of cases. It would also not sort out the issue of the partial implementation. I know that serving a completion notice is possible, but i have never personally done it.