Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - May

5 Year Housing Land Supply

Former Member, Addaswyd 14 Years yn ôl.

5 Year Housing Land Supply

We are just completing our second SHLAA and about to publish our AMR. In our analysis of our 5 year supply it is becoming apparent that we may fall short of our 5 year requirement. As such we need to draft a policy/guidance position, in case we actually are. Has anyone been through this exercise already and can offer some guidance/best practice? A model policy would be very useful.

Re: 5 Year Housing Land Supply

We are in a similar position in Central Lancashire and I suspect many other authorities are too. I know that POSe and CLG have had discussions about this but no government guidance appears to be intended. The only informal advice appears to be to try harder to show all parties have been involved in the SHLAA process (such as landowners as well as developers) and try to get them to look beyond the recession to better times unfortunately in our experience this means after the next 5 years so its of little help. This is a very important issue - so come on you forum watchers in high places give us some help!

Re: 5 Year Housing Land Supply (PBR)

Hi Julian and Andrew. I note that in the PBR out today (or yesterday, I can't remember) the 5 yr supply gets a bit of a frown from the chancellor. http://prebudget.treasury.gov.uk/ You want page 88 "The Government will support an effective housing supply response through the recovery by: * bringing forward more land for development, through improving local authorities’ five year land supplies by undertaking comprehensive checks, publishing results and withholding incentive funding where a viable land supply is not in place" I don't think it is going to go away.