Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - Heddiw

Payments that are made by cheque ceasing - Development Control and Building

Lee Robinson, Addaswyd 14 Years yn ôl.

Payments that are made by cheque ceasing - Development Control and Building

New Member Post: 1 Dyddiad Ymuno: 23/05/2011 Bostiadau diweddar
A suggestion has been put forward within my Authority about the possibility of payments that are made by cheque ceasing, including planning and building regulation applications. I was wondering from a planning and building regulations point of view if any Authorities have ceased accepting cheque payments and if so what kind of reaction service areas received from the public/agents?. Thanks.
Former Member, Addaswyd 14 Years yn ôl.

Re: Payments that are made by cheque ceasing - Development Control and Buil

The item that put this on everyone's radar was the announcement by the UK Payments council back in December. “The Payments Council Board has agreed to set a target date of 31st October 2018 to close the central cheque clearing. Over the next nine years the Payments Council will work to ensure that where alternatives already exist they are promoted and explained; and where innovation and new options are required, they are put in place.” (www.paymentscouncil.org.uk/payments_plan/-/page/856/) The other driver is that cheques are expensive to process (this is not just the bank charge, but all the manual handling and auditing costs) I have talked to agents in the past when deploying e-planning systems, and they ranged from nuetral to positive about card payments, but I should note that this was from agents who turned up to be briefed about new electronic facilities, and hence may not be a truly representative sample.