Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - May

School extensions

Former Member, Addaswyd 13 Years yn ôl.

School extensions

My question relates to the recent changes to part 32 of the GPD and the increase permitted development allowance to school building to a cumulative allowance of 100sqm of floor area. The issue is how this cumulative allowance is worked out In my authority there are two sections of thought, one lot take the view that if planning permission has been granted for extensions to the school that this uses up some or all of the allowance as the extension was not the original building. .The other stance is that only other buildings that have been constructed under the pd allowance should be considered and the floor area of development granted planning permission should not be included I would be grateful for any views on this
Former Member, Addaswyd 13 Years yn ôl.

Re: School extensions

I have always been of the view that permitted development allowances, no matter what Part of the GPDO, are only given once and any previous extensions will count against the total allowance irrespective of the subsequent grant of planning permission/s. To my mind this is why Part 32 refers to cumulative gross floor space in Class A.1 and why at A.3 the interpretation specifies what constitutes the original school etc.