Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - May

Decision Date expired

Former Member, Addaswyd 13 Years yn ôl.

Decision Date expired

This may be a basically obvious question, but the planning dept I'm dealing with, has not made its decision by the expiry date of 8/2/11. This a full planning app for a new dwelling, and my client had a pre-planning discussion which he paid for back in nov 2010. After speaking to the case officer over the phone he said he has a heavy workload on and is trying to meet his deadlines. However, that doesn't help me and he now says he needs another visit to the site, he hasn't flagged up any potential problems and hasn't commented on anything or corresponded to me or my client. My question is how long can they go over the decision date and what is my course of action if any ?

Re: Decision Date expired

John In short the LPA could take as long as they like. Currently you have to options: 1. appeal now for non-determination; or 2. agree, in writing, an extension of time (say another 4 weeks max). Following which if you still haven't received the decision notice lodge an appeal. In this instance, I'd allow the LPA the benefit of the doubt seeing as you say there are no issues with your development proposal. Recap - Option 2 then Option 1 if necessary. Regards

Re: Decision Date expired

Thanks for your response Oliver, much appreciated.