Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - May

Workshop for private sector suppliers

Former Member, Addaswyd 12 Years yn ôl.

Workshop for private sector suppliers

This is a quick note to suppliers of services to local government. Part of our work next year will be looking at different models of delivery for planning services, including outsourcing. Before we can plan in detail what to do, we're trying to understand the current situation. Part of this is a survey of councils*, but we also need to hear the views from the private sector. Clearly, because this is being done by PAS, we're interested in the delivery and commissioning of planning services: - are there good case studies worth sharing ? - what are the barriers to commissioning ? - what sort of work can PAS usefully do to help reduce risk / cost / problems for councils ? If you supply (or would like to supply) planning services to councils at whatever scale I'd like to invite you to a session on these issues. There, you'll be able to put forward your views on what's happening at present and ideas on how to improve things. I anticipate it will take a couple of hours in a central london venue tbc. I don't know how much interest there will be in this, so for now please register your interest and preferred date to pas.events@local.gov.uk. Dates available: a 21st Feb (am) b 1st Mar (am) c 15th March (pm) This isn't really about one-off bits of consultancy (by and large these seem to work OK), it's about the range of options available for the ongoing delivery of planning services. I don't want to waste anyones time so if you need more info please feel free to ask questions by replying to this post. Also to note: this is entirely separate from our procurement exercise, and is not about supplying services to PAS. Last thought - some councils are beginning to think about moving into 'supply' and you would be entirely welcome also. (*note that we will also be canvassing the views of councils via a short telephone survey. If you get a call, please give 5 mins of your time.)

Re: Workshop for private sector suppliers

Please note that I would like 2 places for the workshop on 15th March (pm). Please advise time and venue. Kind Regards Steve McKenna Mott MacDonald Croydon

Re: Workshop for private sector suppliers

Last call for this - we're running the two events on the 1st and 15th. I should have made it clearer that councils looking to move into supplying services are extremely welcome - we have a couple coming along already. Sign up by mailing pas.events@local.gov.uk to be sent details of venue etc.