Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - Wythnos yma

Sustainability Appraisal of Infrastructure Delivery Plans

Former Member, Addaswyd 12 Years yn ôl.

Sustainability Appraisal of Infrastructure Delivery Plans

Can anyone advise definitively (or otherwise) as to whether an Infrastructure Delivery Plan supporting a Core Strategy is subject to Sustainability Appraisal. My understanding is that being a plan that could have a significant impact on the environment, then strictly speaking the answer is yes. However, is it a plan in its own right or is it just a means of supporting the plan (Core Strategy) itself? thanks in advance.

Re: Sustainability Appraisal of Infrastructure Delivery Plans

My understanding is that as long as the IDP operating as a plan to support the CS then a SA is not required.

As usual, this is not a legal response. However, I think the message certainly should be that you are carrying out infrastructure planNING, rather than a plan per se. So it forms a piece of your evidence just like all the other pieces of evidence do.

The 2009 Regulations (No 401) removed the need to produce a Sustainability Appraisal for LDDs other than DPDs. I understand that the rationale was that documents like SPDs did not need them because the policy they 'supplemented' had already been subject to S.A. On that basis I would suggest the same rationale applies to IDPs. Hope that helps.