Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - May

Adobe Measuring Tool

Former Member, Addaswyd 12 Years yn ôl.

Adobe Measuring Tool

Hello, Apologies if this has been asked already. I currently work for Salford Council and we’re looking at a new document management solution for our planning department. We'll be utilising Documentum for the storage/retrieval and Captiva for the paper based content capture. Our aim is to have Commenting & Measuring enabled on all pdf files generated so that people can use the measuring tool in Acrobat. As you know all applications received via the government planning portal have this functionality enabled at source. The two options seem to be a manual and time-consuming process using Acrobat Professional or automating this process via Adobe’s LiveCycle Reader Extensions server product. If you don’t mind, could anyone let me know how they handled this for anything that is manually scanned and if using LiveCycle what the rough costings were? Regards, Paul
Former Member, Addaswyd 12 Years yn ôl.

Re: Adobe Measuring Tool

In Poole we have been using Foxit pdf reader across the corporate thin client and on Fat client pc's instead of Adobe reader. Foxit at its basic package contains a suite of measuring tools and I believe Annotations as well. Regards Keith