Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - Aujourd'hui

Another round of PAS benchmarking?

Jenna Rumley, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 20/10/11 Publications Récentes

I was wondering if there is going to be any future PAS benchmarking projects?

We carried out the November 2012 benchmark, and it was our first successful benchmark which resulted in some really useful data. This data and report have been the driving force for many of the process changes and efficiencies we have made within our department. We don’t want to stop there. As all Councils now have to save further dramatic amounts of savings, this type of benchmarking and activity and cost data is more essential than ever. As you can appreciate, we're now working on the findings of data that is a year old!

Is there any possibility of starting another benchmark if the demand is there?

Surely we're not the only authority that wants to refresh their report?

Regards

Jenna

Former Member, modifié il y a 10 années.

I have to agree with Jenna.  I am working with a number of LPA's who have asked for help with improvement activities.  There are a number of consistent comments coming through: The November benchmark was a much improved improved animal, giving greater detail down to application type level. The current report / data is now out of date and councils need another run at the activity to be able to better consider the effects of improvement activity and plan future efforts. There is a need for something that will enable councils to be able to consider 'cost neutrality' (or better) of application types as they move through the system.  The benchmark is hard work for a few weeks but very well worth it!