Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - Hier

Supplementary Planning Document - no need to be in the LDS or have a sustai

Former Member, modifié il y a 15 années.

Supplementary Planning Document - no need to be in the LDS or have a sustai

Last year rhe planning white paper stated some changes to the planning process, namely to: "remove the requirement for the required statement of community involvement to be subject to examination and to be listed in the local development scheme"; "remove the requirement for supplementary planning documents to be subject to sustainability appraisal and to be listed in the local development scheme". Whilst the statement of community involvement point has been incoproated into the Planning Act 2008 which has recently been granted Royal Assent and whcih will come into force inSpring 2009, the point about SPDs is not in the Act and was quite clearly stated in the revised PPS12. Does anyone know if the SPD point will come about in a later Act(!!) or has this been shelved for the time being?

Re: Supplementary Planning Document - no need to be in the LDS or have a su

Sorry, the point about SPDs stated in the revised PPS12 was for them to be included in the LDS not referring to the proposed white paper changes to remove them from the LDS.

Hi Peter, The Planning Act 2008 does in fact remove the requirement for supplementary planning documents to be subject to sustainability appraisal and to be listed in the local development scheme. You will find more information on the Planning Act 2008 on the Plan Making Manual FAQ section at: http://www.pas.gov.uk/pas/core/page.do?pageId=77676#17 Best wishes, John.

Thanks John, This was the same link that I was sent by our Go-East rep but the actual Act http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2008/pdf/ukpga_20080029_en.pdf makes no reference to SPDs etc, just the point I raised above about SCIs. I'm a bit reluctant to rely soley on a PAS frequently asked questions page! If I have missed something please point me to the page number or if it is coming in another Act(!!!) that would help. Thanks

The 2008 Act amends the 2004 Act Section 15 (2) in such a way that the only documents which need to be referred to in the LDS are Development Plan Documents. Therefore SPDs are automatically excluded. Section 18(5)a now requires only that DPDs are subject to Sustainability Appraisal.

Sections 15 and 19 of the 2004 Act have been amended by the 2008 Act. Section 15 now requires that only Development Plan Documents are included in the LDS, and Section requires that only DPDs are subject to Sustainabilty Appraisal.

Thank you Simon. Very helpful.

My question now has anyone read an exact date for when the Act 2008 will come into force and more specific than Spring 2009. There are a few SPDs that could come out over the next few months and I am interested to see how this will impact on them, how we work in the mean time and how an SPD can be implemented once the Act 2008 is in force etc (i.e. do we need to consult/advertise or can we simply adopt them at full council meetings). Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Even with the 2008 Act is in force amendments to the regulations have also to be changed. Expected around late April.

The Regulations came into force yesterday (6 April) you'll be pleased to know. They are at this link - http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si200904 and are SI number 401, which conveniently shows when you open the link.