Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - May

Renewable energy research

Former Member, modifié il y a 12 années.

Renewable energy research

I work as a Climate Change Officer at Coventry City Council and am currently doing an MSc course in renewable energy at the University of East London. For my thesis I'm looking at how English LPAs approach renewable and low carbon energy. This will involve conducting an online survey and then following this up with more in-depth study of a small number of authorities. I'm therefore looking for people to help me with my research by completing the survey. It's split into two parts, acessed separately, one covering planning policy and the other development management. Each should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete. The Policy survey is aimed at officers with a good overview of their authority's policies relating to renewable / low carbon energy, and the Development Management survey at officers with knowledge of recent planning applications for renewable / low carbon energy technologies submitted to their authority. Both surveys are accessed online. The Planning Policy survey can be found at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CDY22MV whilst the Development Management survey is located at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/H78C75D They will run until Friday 13th April, so will need to be completed by that date. If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch: susan.smith2@coventry.gov.uk. Many thanks in anticipation for your help. Best wishes Susan Smith
Former Member, modifié il y a 12 années.

Re: Renewable energy research

There is a very interesting thing about zoning for windfarms. Like marine planning, and height/bulk zoning it is the only area of planning where you are really zoning in three dimensions as opposed to two. Thats because the wind potential/carbon reduction potential depends on height above grade as well as absolute grade, aspect and slope. And of course its a trade off, if you want the same energy potential from lower turbines you need many many more of them.