Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - May

Development Types - audit

Former Member, modifié il y a 17 années.

We are currently enjoying the extended remit of the audtitors this year. It has provoked several interesting questions, the most important of which is "where can I find definitive guidance about development types" ? Can anyone suggest a location ? I've tried googling and searching DCLG / PP without success. thanks, Rich

Development Types

Richard - Are you referring to definitions used for DCLG PS2 performance returns? If so the definitions are included in notes which come with Returns.If you complete your returns on-line via Interform the notes are also on that system. If you are referring to some other definition let me know.Regards

Thanks for your assistance, Kalvin. I went a bit quiet as we were awaiting our audit outcomes. I've seen the guidance notes. What I was hoping existed is a more user friendly guide. (I've attached the example we use here, but not as an example of best practise !) The reason for this is the risk of including (or excluding) types of application from the PS2 return erroneously. This is an issue prompted by the increase in scope of the audit this year.

I agree with Kelvin Hinton. Have completed the quarterly PS1 and PS2 for (too) many years you will find the DCLG guidance notes are the best (and most user friendly) you are going to get. The applications and determinations I don't include in PS2 are: work to trees covered by a TPO; trees in conservation area determinations; consultation on applications to be determined by (a) the County Council (they do their own) and (b) adjoining district councils; prior notifications for telecommunication equipment, agricultural buildings and hedgerow removal. Out of interest they amount to around an extra 10% of workload that the performance statistics calculated from the PS2 return have no regard to.