Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - May

Over-consultation

Former Member, modifié il y a 16 années.

Over-consultation

Has anyone experienced issues with over consultation? Can anyone point me in the right direction of best practice examples to combat over consultation with more joined-up strategies?

Over-consultation

Hi Sophie, agree that it helps to have a strategy and can suggest some strategies in relation to regular consultations with disabled people and with local communities, which would help with planning applications, LDF and other issues. Would need to know more about your area and resources, but if you post your email address, I can contact you directly. However, generally I believe there should be support at senior level, including funding, for the delivery of a strategy and support for staff engaging in consultation activities.

Over- consultation

Hi Sophie, You might find it useful to look at two pieces of PAS advice: firstly, there is the community engagement module for LDF support. This gives some good advice on the technical aspects of engaging the community in the LDF process. The link for this is http://www.pas.gov.uk/pas/aio/51366 The second is the case study about enging the community in planning issues which was produced jointly with Planning Aid. As with the other case studies this sets out the experiences of local authorities in undertaking this part of the planning process. You may find another local authority whose experience seems to meet your situation and you can contact them for further details. The case study is called "Getting Engaged" and is listed on the website under success stories. Both do discuss the advantages of combining engagement exercises with other council services to avoid the over consultation problems. Good luck with your project.