Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - May

Home/Mobile Working

Former Member, modifié il y a 15 années.

Home/Mobile Working

I am currently working a project to produce a business case for Mobile/Home working within the Planning Services function at Newport City Council. To date I have been unable to find examples of other authorities which are operating a home/mobile working regeime. It would be useful to compare experiences in other organisations and to be able to quantify any business benefits (ie increase in productivity, improved staff retention/recruitment etc). Do you know of any examples ? Many thanks in advance Mike

Re: Home/Mobile Working

Hi Mike - you need to go to Project Nomad's website. They are a former ODPM funded project now based at Cambridgeshire County Council. They have literally hundreds of great examples and case studies - plus all the stuff you mention in your posting. You will be very pleased with what they can provide you with. Learning Pool has also produced a great e-learning course on Flexible Working for local authorities with LB Bexley and Project Nomad. Newport council are Learning Pool subscribers and you therefore have free access to that course and many others. Drop me a line if you would like more info. I am mary@learningpool.com

Hi Mike, You may be interested in attending this event on the 12th November. It's a free eductional event at the Microsoft HQ. You can register at the following web site. www.mobiliseyourworkforce.co.uk Pete

I've been tasked with organsing my planning team's needs for MWW - Modernising the Way we Work here at London Borough of Barnet. Many thanks for this information, the NOMAD website was extremely useful is giving me both background information about the technological, economic and cultural aims of mobile working and also some of the pitfalls to watch out for. I now feel a little more prepared to face and make sense of our corporate information about the project. Adam

Hi Adam - LB Barnet are members of Learning Pool so you will be able to access the e-learning course we produced with LB Bexley and Project Nomad at no cost - as you are already subscribers. Learning Pool has also customised this course for individual councils to fit in with their New Ways of Working plans, etc. If you contact me at mary@learningpool.com I will get you set up with access to our course and the excellent Project Nomad video that accompanies it.