Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - May

Non material changes - section 96A

Former Member, modifié il y a 15 années.

Non material changes - section 96A

We have recently had some conflicting advice as to whether Section 96A 'Non material changes to planning permission' can be used. This was brought in by the Planning Act 2008. My understanding is that until a development order is brought in to prescribe the form and manner in which an application can be made, the Section cannot be used to submitt such an application. Does anyone else have a view on this area?

Re: Non material changes - section 96A

Louise My understanding is that provision has not been enacted since it needs regulations. Would be interested if anyone takes different view.

I concur with Kelvin. My undestanding is that it needs a Regulation which will set out all the fine detail. Or perhaps leave us more confused... Phill

Louise I agree with Kelvin and Philip as the Regulations are still awaited. See Planning Magazine editions 1801 and 1810 under the DC Forum for further advice.
Former Member, modifié il y a 14 années.

This is an intersting addition that I hadnt really picked up on. I just had another glance and section 96a also seems to have similar "powers" to section 73 in that it gives authorities powers to add, alter or delete conditions. is this the case?