Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - Aujourd'hui

Annual Monitoring Reports

Former Member, modifié il y a 14 années.

Annual Monitoring Reports

Annual monitoring reports are the key document for setting out how effective your planning service is in laying the foundations for delivering the key priorities for your area. But what we have been hearing from some local authorities is that the AMR is not doing the job in terms of showing the positive impact of their planning activity to the members and senior executives. PAS are just starting a short project to look at the way that AMRs are prepared. We will be working with a small number of local authorities and consultants to see how their AMRs can be improved to better demonstrate the links between plan policies, working with local partners and delivering the outcomes that the council leaders and communities want. If you are interested in finding out more and discussing whether your local authority could take part in this project, please email me or phone on the number below. Best wishes Phillipa Silcock Principle Consultant Planning Advisory Service Ph: 07795 311 067 phillipa.silcock@idea.gov.uk
Former Member, modifié il y a 14 années.

Re: Annual Monitoring Reports

Dear Phillipa This is my first year in local government following 10 years on the other side of the fence, and so production of the AMR last year was my first real experience of them. We have since production of our 2009 AMR reviewed our Monitoring Framework for inclusion in the Submission Draft of our Core Strategy. This has been very helpful in terms of sourcing of indicators and the ways in which we can measure and monitor our proposed policies. However I am a little concerned that at present the AMR is a produced because it has to be, rather than being what is a potentially very informative document. I would be most interested in becoming involved in your exercise, to produce a more meaningful AMR for 2010.