Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - May

Pre Application Community Forums

Former Member, modifié il y a 14 années.

Pre Application Community Forums

A colleague from an authority we (PAS) are supporting has asked me: The in-coming administration are keen to introduce Pre-application Community Forums. We know that Tunbridge Wells do this and I wondered if you knew of any other authorities that do. It would be useful to know how they work and get some views on their effectiveness. Can anyone out there help with this?

Re: Pre Application Community Forums

We don’t do this, and have been bitten hard by groups who are aggrieved at pre app presentations to councillors as advocated by PAS in their probity literature. We had to allow a counter presentation on a New Service Station on M5. We would be interested in any pilot. Phill Head of Planning Stroud District Council 01453 754345

Development Consultation Forums were introduced at Havant Borough Council some time ago. They work very well, and several amendments have been made to plans before they go to the application stage. However, this is purely a voluntary thing and developers do not have to do a presentation, although they are encouraged to do so. I would suggest that you contact the Planning Department at Havant, or the Portfolio holder, Councillor David Guest.

Cambridge City Council have been running a pre application forum for some time,although I understand it hasn't been used all that often. Simon Payne,Director of Plannng,should be able to advise you .