Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - May

Fast Track Planning applications charging

Former Member, modifié il y a 13 années.

Fast Track Planning applications charging

Is any one aware of a Council operating a Fast Track planning service for which an additional fee is charged?

Re: Fast Track Planning applications charging

I am not sure that they have started yet - However - London Borough of Barnet are definitiely going to introduce fast tracking.

Re: Fast Track Planning applications charging

I have previously looked at fast track processing for Land Charges for a client, there are lots of items for consideration in offering premium and standard services in a regulatory application environment, below are a couple of the top of my head. You will note that some of these need the councillors to buy in to this, and sign off. Issues to consider; 1. Are there legal barriers to favouring one application over another in terms of turn around, 2. The potential for a perception to develop that “Fee payers” are receiving benefits over and above merely getting their applications processed quicker 3. Unless the entire process is wholly contained within the sponsoring department, the supporting service providers will need to be brought in to supporting the scheme 4. Price-Placing. If the premium and non-premium services are roughly the same, then the customers will not pay a premium. 5. The potential for a perception to develop that non-premium applications are being deliberately held on to, in order to justify, and/or push the premium service 6. Etc. I would recomend that if this is a serious consideration, you need to round up a Business Analyst and have a proper feasibility study done, covering all the options, barriers and risks, wirth a good Cost-Risk-Benefit analysis before progressing.