Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - May

CIL - revenue items

Former Member, modifié il y a 13 années.

CIL - revenue items

Hello I know CIL as we know it might change in the future, but, going by the current situation... Does CiL allow charging for revenue items i.e. police officers, doctors etc? Any thoughts from anyone please? Thanks Natalie
David English, modifié il y a 13 années.

Re: CIL - revenue items

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 20/10/11 Publications Récentes
Natalie, You may need a legal interpretation of the CIL Regs and Planning Act 2008 to fully answer question, but my view would be that the Act is drafted in such a way that it generally relates to hard/ built infrastructure. Need to look at s205 (2) which talks about '...costs incurred in providing infrastructure...' not the running costs (ie revenue costs); and s216 which defines the type of infrastructure which can be funded by CIL. In particular you could look at s216(4)(a) which allows for regulations to specify '..works, installations and other facilities...' All seems to point towards the Act and Regs being drafted to allow funding of works or building operations on land rather than service provision revenue costs - if it were to be allowed for such a use you can imagine how funds may be directed by cash-strapped councils! Im not a solicitor, so you may wish to seek an opinion. I'd be interested to hear any other views. David.