Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - May

Ssustainable development=cutting the deficit, the governments new definitio

Former Member, modifié il y a 12 années.

Ssustainable development=cutting the deficit, the governments new definitio

Its here the presumption in favour of sustainable development. They define it as sustainable development=cutting the deficit. Are they serious!!! https://andrewlainton.wordpress.com/2011/06/15/its-here-presumption-in-favour-of-sustainable-developmenttackling-the-deficit-are-they-serious/ Planning's black Wednesday

Re: Ssustainable development=cutting the deficit, the governments new defin

Hi Andrew, Please stop creating multiple posts on the same topic. Here is a link to your black wednesday one if anyone needs it. I've deleted the thread you posted it in. https://andrewlainton.wordpress.com/2011/06/15/black-wednesday-for-town-planning/ All the best, John.

Re: Ssustainable development=cutting the deficit, the governments new defin

Whilst I don't agree with everything stated in your blog article, I am increasingly dismayed by the direction of events from CLG. Certain phrases ('sustainable development' for one) are obviously a cloak for a laissez faire development ideology (not strategy!). Even localism is a cloak - when push comes to shove local communities will not be allowed to block development when, for a start, house building rates wont have significantly improved over the next couple of years. It would be different if a measurable definition of sustainable development were possible but it's not. It doesn't help that the phrase is an oxymoron. For me, the problem is trying to use a single phrase to encapsulate the path we need to take through all the complexities of the interactions between economies, societies and environments, at the heart of which are billions of individual human beings with free will. We are still a long way from properly understanding these complexities and, consequently, a long way from properly understanding the problems and solutions. The way 'sustainable development' is bandied about you'd think the problems and solutions have been clearly and unambiguously defined already.