Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

static caravan for disabled parent

Former Member, modified 9 Years ago.

static caravan for disabled parent

I was wondering if there was an opinion on placing a static caravan in a garden. I have read with interest the section on this subject but have a slightly diferent situation. I bought a pub three years ago, and inherited two static caravans, one that has been there in excess of fifteen years and another with planning permission for use as staff accomadation, neither has been used for this purpose in my ownership. It is my intention to dispose of both vans eventually, one has recently been scrapped and the other has been used to store 'pub stuff' until a storage facility is completed sometime next year.  I wish to site a static caravan in another area within the grounds (not a space used by the pub patrons) for the occasioned use of my 82 year old disabled father who presently has an assisted living flat some 30 miles away. He will eat in the pub and spend some time there but sleep in the van, perhaps for a few days at a time to give him some respite. The services will be connected to the van but not separately metered. There will be no post or individual address. The reason for repositioning the van is because the existing position is suseptible to flooding and the new position is some 60 cms higher (makes sense to me) but not the local council, who want a full planning application plus £385 and flood assement surveys with all the associated costs invloved.

I don't wish to re-site the existing van as it is rather tired. Can I place a newer van in the new position now that I have scrapped one of the original vans without planning permission or do I have to apply for 'Licence' that will protect me fron an enforcement order in the future