Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

Pooled CIL

Phil Morris, modified 9 Years ago.

Pooled CIL

Enthusiast Posts: 40 Join Date: 21/10/11 Recent Posts

Hello

The Greater Norwich area districts are pooling CIL in a strategic fund. Where else is this happening?

Phil Morris, modified 8 Years ago.

RE: Pooled CIL

I probably wasn't too clear in my original post. I have been told that the Greater Norwich area is one of only two where authorities are pooling CIL to deliver strategic infrastructure. Does anyone know the other, or perhaps there are more than two?

Former Member, modified 8 Years ago.

Hi Phil,

I can't help with your actual question but I am interested in how the strict reporting requirements of Reg.62 will be met in relation to CIL spent out of a pool which is contributed to by more than one authority.

REBECCA STADDON, modified 8 Years ago.

Advocate Posts: 103 Join Date: 05/09/13 Recent Posts

Hi,

Here at TDBC we have one strategic CIL 'pot' of money. Is this what you mean?

Bex

Former Member, modified 8 Years ago.

RE: Pooled CIL (Answer)

Hi Phil

I believe the three districts/boroughs in West Northants will all contribute to a strategic highway project that will benefit all three of them. Could this be what you mean?

Tim.

Phil Morris, modified 8 Years ago.

Thanks all. The West Northants may well be the "other" one - but if so it is different to the extent that it is pooling for a single project rather than pooling to a single pot across 3 districts for contributing to shared delivery of all strategic infrastructure. Pooling was agreed with Government  as part of the City Deal and the impact on reporting was part of those discussions.

Still happy to here of any other examples - perhaps our PAS collegues know?