Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

Managing self/custom-build registers & monitoring self/custom-build supply

David Davies, modified 5 Years ago.

Managing self/custom-build registers & monitoring self/custom-build supply

New Member Posts: 7 Join Date: 19/11/18 Recent Posts

Hi I am a Planning Policy Officer with a District Council. We are considering the most appropriate ways to manage our (growing) self-/custom-build register. I am interested in the approaches of other LPAs regarding:

• If your authority charges new applicants to be on the SCBC register, is this a one-off charge, or annual fee? And if your authority does charge does it carry out actions in return for this (eg proactive outreach measures such as contacting those on your register to advise of available SBCB plots, sites on your brownfield register, or any other measures)?
  • Do any LPAs periodically write out to those already on their register asking them if they wish to remain on? How frequently do they do this and are entries deleted as a result?
  • My Council is considering the best way to ‘monitor’ Council supply of SBCB plots. I understand some authorities ‘count’ individual dwelling plot approvals in their area against SBCB supply, whether or not this was the express intention of the applicant (ie any dwelling approval on a ‘servicable’ plot would count). Whereas other authorities check that it is genuinely for SBCB purposes, and some use planing application forms which monitor this. I am interested in any views on this point.

Many thanks

You do not have permission to access the requested resource.