Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

Planning Register Entry

Former Member, modified 8 Years ago.

Planning Register Entry

Can anyone tell me what the correct entry is (if any?) on the Planning Register for a prior approval application for permitted development where the LA has not sought prior approval / has allowed the 28 days to expire without further notice?

The application seeking prior approval is listed (without any decision being entered) together with a previous Appeal for Certificate of Lawfulness which is correctly logged as dismissed (the Inspector suggested an application be made for PD which the client did) This is a polytunnel application on farmland and the client is keen to ensure there is no loss of goodwill within the community by keeping things strictly by the book and making it clear that everything they are doing is with approval. As the only decision listed is the previous refusal and dismissal the client wants to know what the regulations are for maintaining the register correctly in this instance?

RE: Planning Register Entry (Answer)

The requirements for the keeping of the Planning Register are set out in Article 40 of the T & CP (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015.

the order is available here:   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/595/contents/made

RE: Planning Register Entry

Thanks Tony, this is as I suspected... ie the register must contain "the decision, if any, of the local planning authority in respect of the application, the date of such decision and the name of the local planning authority"
If the decision is not "made" but arises as a result of the time having elapsed conferring permission then the authority can leave the entry as blank. Can't say I think its particularly good practice but is legal.