Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

Class Q Prior notification - free go?

Former Member, modified 8 Years ago.

Class Q Prior notification - free go?

Do applications for prior notification qualify for a free go in the same manner that planning/reserved matters applications do (i.e. within 12 months of approval/refusal, or submission when withdrawn, same character/description/land etc. etc.)?

Having looked at the consolidated fee regulations (thanks planning jungle) regulation 9 deals with exemptions from fees. No reference is made to prior notification applications, only applications for planning permission or the approval of reserved matters.  In relation to this I am not sure whether prior notifications are an application for reserved matters by another name, given that permission is in effect already granted subject to certain circumstances. 

Regulation 14 expressly deals with fees for application under the GPDO.  Absolutely no reference is made in this section to 'free go' applications.

No reference is made in the NPPG (Paragraph: 040 Reference ID: 22-040-20141017) to a free go in relation to prior notifications either.

Any thoughts?

REBECCA STADDON, modified 8 Years ago.

RE: Class Q Prior notification - free go?

Advocate Posts: 103 Join Date: 05/09/13 Recent Posts

Jeremy,

We have investigated this here at TDBC and our Planning Manager advised that Notifications are not planning applications and therefore do not benefit from a 'free go'. 

Hope this helps

Rebecca

Many thanks Rebecca, that's helpful.

Jeremy

Just for anyone else's further information, I just found this in the NPPG.

'A fee for a prior approval application is payable in relation to certain types of development authorised by the 1995 Order. The amounts are payable every time an application for prior approval is made.'

Paragraph: 023 Reference ID: 22-023-20141017