Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Yesterday

CIL CALCULATOR

Michelle Hallett, modified 8 Years ago.

CIL CALCULATOR

New Member Posts: 3 Join Date: 31/05/12 Recent Posts

Hi

At Shepway we are looking at CIL being implemented in April next year.   Probably a bit cheeky, but does anyone have a CIL calculator that we could perhaps copy for a fee.  I have looked online and have found some really good calculators, but as they are obviously locked down, we are unable to see how the calculations are done.  If anyone can help, could you please email me at michelle.hallett@shepway.gov.uk.

Regards

Michelle

Former Member, modified 8 Years ago.

RE: CIL CALCULATOR

We have a calculator but it may not be of much use to you. We had to fiddle the way it worked in order to ensure that it produced the same results as our CIL software (Ocella). The problem arose due to the different way in which fractional values were rounded during the calculation. Our calculator originally produced the  same (i.e. correct) results as I would obtain from a manual calculation but our software didn't!

Whichever calculator you end up using needs to be tested against your software calculation results over a range of scenarios to ensure that they match

Thanks Tony will keep that in mind.  Did you create your own calculator or did you purchase it?

Jo Bozdoganli, modified 8 Years ago.

New Member Posts: 4 Join Date: 11/08/13 Recent Posts

Hi Michelle, At Dudley we have developed a CIL Calculator for developers using an excel spreadsheet. See link below if you are interested.

http://www.dudley.gov.uk/resident/planning/planning-policy/local-development-framework/cil/

Jo Bozdoganli

Dudley Council

jo.bozdoganli@dudley.gov.uk

Hi

Thanks for all your responses/advice.  We now have a calculator which we are working on.

Michelle