Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - April

Allocations in NP's

Former Member, modified 8 Years ago.

Allocations in NP's

Does anyone have any views on site size threshold for allocations in neighbourhood plans. Our emerging Local Plan has a minimum threshold of 5 dwellings/0.1ha but I am not sure if there is any guidance for neighorouhood plans. We have a draft neighbourhood plan for a praish in our area and one of the sites they intend to allocate is for a single dwelling. Any thoughts would be welcome. 
thumbnail
Jo Witherden, modified 8 Years ago.

RE: Allocations in NP's

Enthusiast Posts: 33 Join Date: 21/10/11 Recent Posts

If you think about the legal requirements for a NP, I can't see any reason why they couldn't allocate such a small site (there is similarly no legal threshold for local plans) - it is more a matter of effort vs reward!  Unless there is something in the local plan strategic policies that would go against the specifics of that site (eg if it were a residential garden and there was a strategic policy on graden grabbing).  I'm assuming the site is outside a settlement boundary?  If it is it may of course become more obsolete if the NPPF changes on small sites adjoining settlement boundaries comes into play. 

Jo

Former Member, modified 8 Years ago.

RE: Allocations in NP's

Great Jo, thanks for your help.