Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Yesterday

Planning Performance Agreements charging methods

thumbnail
John Theobald, modified 8 Years ago.

Planning Performance Agreements charging methods

Enthusiast Posts: 61 Join Date: 19/10/11 Recent Posts

I would very much like to get a bit of feedback from Planning authorities on the pros & cons of either charging hourly rates for PPAs, or using an upfront standard rate depending on scale of development (e.g. super major, large major or standard major, etc.).  The latter process seems less complex administratively as it does not necessarily involve time recording and the associated gathering of this data from various parties involved.  I would be very grateful for any experiences of either method of charging.  If you employ a charging method that is a hybrid of the two I would like to hear how effectively that works also.  Many thanks. Regards, John

thumbnail
Richard Crawley, modified 8 Years ago.

RE: Planning Performance Agreements charging methods

Expert Posts: 254 Join Date: 07/12/11 Recent Posts

Hi John,

see also section 5 in our PPA manual. I read it again the other day and I think it's held up well. 

Rich

ppa
thumbnail
John Theobald, modified 8 Years ago.

RE: Planning Performance Agreements charging methods

Enthusiast Posts: 61 Join Date: 19/10/11 Recent Posts
This is very handy, many thanks Richard.  At the moment we are finding it quite tricky collating all the time recording data from the various parties, etc.  Perhaps looking at a standard charge, depending on a category of developments, may be a way forward so the cost of provision equates to the income rather than possibly exceed.  Regards, John