Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

erection of a building - definition

Former Member, modified 7 Years ago.

erection of a building - definition

I am not an enforcement officer but would be grateful for an opinion on the following.

The owner of a Bungalow has used a "Householder" application to gain permission to "extend" his dwelling.

The roof is to be raised, an additional two habitable floors are to be constructed.

1) If the existing structure is in fact demolished and a "new building" emerges, would it be fair to say that the wrong type of planning                permission has been used ?

2) Can a "replacement dwelling" be built using a "Householder application" ?

3) How much of the existing building must remain before the "reerection" constitutes a new building as opposed to an extension ?

Many Thanks

GuyP

RE: erection of a building - definition

Does nobody have a view ? 

are these questions too basic ?

Or perhaps too tricky ?

Guy

Guy Paremain:

I am not an enforcement officer but would be grateful for an opinion on the following.

The owner of a Bungalow has used a "Householder" application to gain permission to "extend" his dwelling.

The roof is to be raised, an additional two habitable floors are to be constructed.

1) If the existing structure is in fact demolished and a "new building" emerges, would it be fair to say that the wrong type of planning                permission has been used ?

2) Can a "replacement dwelling" be built using a "Householder application" ?

3) How much of the existing building must remain before the "reerection" constitutes a new building as opposed to an extension ?

Many Thanks

GuyP

Maybe try this forum for this sort of query:

http://www.diynot.com/diy/forums/building-regs-planning/

It's an interesting question- if this is is occurring at a neighbouring property you could report it to the Council as a potential enforcement case and they will take a view.

Thanks

I will take a look at "diynot"