Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Yesterday

3/5 Year Housing Land Supply calculations

Rosalind Bentley, modified 4 Years ago.

3/5 Year Housing Land Supply calculations

New Member Posts: 9 Join Date: 12/08/13 Recent Posts

Hi,  PAS you have helpfully guided me with the 5 year HLS calculation before.  I understood it's really as simple the total projected supply divided by the requirement for the next 5 years (in our LP plan or stepped trajectory in our case) plus any shortfall since the beginning of the plan period plus the appropriate buffer multiplied by 5 years.  In our case the various elements of supply for the next 5 years are 5911/6244 (our total requirement with shortfall and buffer) x 5 = 4.7 years supply.  I used exactly the same theory for calculating a 3 year supply as requested to do so.  The result was a much lower supply, which I  would have expected as a lot of our supply was due to come forward in years 4 and 5 but my calculation has been called into question.  Does anyone one else agree with me or have any guidance that shows how to calculate a 3 year supply.

Many thanks in advance.

Ros

Just realised this may be in the wrong section of the forum although the query did arise in relation to Neighbourhood Plans as I understand they should be able to identify a 3 year supply?

You do not have permission to access the requested resource.