Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - Cette semaine

biodiversity offsetting - habitat banks

Liz Payne, modifié il y a 4 années.

biodiversity offsetting - habitat banks

New Member Publications: 8 Date d'inscription: 10/11/14 Publications Récentes

I am researching how best for our authority to implement biodiversity offsetting to support our draft net gain policy. I've found examples of authorities who have used their own land for offsetting sites but we are a district authority with very little land which would be appropriate for this use. Instead I've been looking at the possibility of commissioning a third party to help us set up a habitat bank and act as a broker between developers wanting to offset loses and landowners of offsetting sites. I was wondering if anyone has any experience of doing this or undertaking the tasks in-house and if so could you share how you went about it? For example, how do you find willing landowners for offsetting sites? How do you fund the initial set up of a habitat bank? Also, I have only come across Environment Bank so far but is anyone aware of any other organisations that could do this type of work? And finally, if you use a broker is there a retainer or contract between the authority and broker for the life of the habitat bank?

Any advice would be gratefully received!