Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Yesterday

Brownfield Land Register - Removing Sites

Phillip Gill, modified 4 Years ago.

Brownfield Land Register - Removing Sites

New Member Posts: 3 Join Date: 13/11/19 Recent Posts

Hello.

I've seen the revised data standards for the Brownfield Land Register at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/brownfield-land-registers-data-standard/publish-your-brownfield-land-data . They add a new End Date column for which the notes say this:

EndDate
If the site no longer needs to be listed, it should remain on the register and not be deleted. Enter the date the site was developed or determined to no longer be brownfield land, in the format YYYY-MM-DD. This field should only be filled in once the site is no longer classified as brownfield land.

This makes sense if the reason for the site no longer needing to be listed is if its status has changed and it's no longer brownfield land (e.g. residential garden land in a built up area). But if the reason for a site no longer needing to be listed is that it's been developed, I don't understand the wording.

If a brownfield site has been developed it now fails the test of being "available for residential development" so the second sentence tells me that I should complete this column. But it's still a brownfield site, so the last sentence tells me that I shouldn't.

Should I assume that the last sentence is wrongly worded or have I missed something? Has anyone else come to a view on this?

Phil

You do not have permission to access the requested resource.