Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

CIL - When is State Aid calculated?

Former Member, modified 7 Years ago.

CIL - When is State Aid calculated?

Any State Aid experts to help please?!

We have an approved application for a charitable institution, but for a CIL chargeable use. The total CIL contribution is over the de minimis threshold of Euro200,000. Therefore, the applicant needs to pay the remaining amount of CIL.

In addition, this is a phased development and the applicant is hoping to take into account the rolling three year period for de minimis aid, thereby reducing each phased CIL payment by the equivalent of Euro200,000.

I need to issue an overall liability notice, with Demand Notices for each phase, but my question is when to take into account State Aid? I have seen guidance stating I should calculate the Euro200,000 on the date of the written offer of de minimis funding, so is this included in the overall Liability Notice, or for each Demand Notice?

Thanks, Hayley

Rebecca Randall, modified 7 Years ago.

RE: CIL - When is State Aid calculated?

Enthusiast Posts: 60 Join Date: 06/05/14 Recent Posts

Hi

R.44 says that you are granting relief in respect of the chargeable development, which is further defined at R.9 as the development for which planning permission has been granted. On this basis, I dont think they can take phasing into account. I would calculate state aid at the date the Liability Notice is issued, and then split the Demand Notices based on the amount shown on the Liability Notice.

I am not a state aid expert mind.