Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

Windfall Allowance inclusion in housing trajectory figure

Giovanni Loperfido, modified 7 Years ago.

Windfall Allowance inclusion in housing trajectory figure

New Member Post: 1 Join Date: 27/09/16 Recent Posts

I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on the inclusion of a windfall allowance in your housing trajectory figure. I have just undertaken a windfall assessment and found that we have a consistantly high number of both large and small windfall sites conmming forward. For the small sites we are looking to include 90% of the average into our housing trajectory figure but I am struggling to find guidance on what a fair proportion of large sites can be included. I currently am thinking of including 20% of the average large site unit number as I feel that even through the HELAA process not all sites will be captured. This has been shown from non SHLAA sites making up the majority of large sites in the windfall assessment.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Ian McDonald, modified 7 Years ago.

RE: Windfall Allowance inclusion in housing trajectory figure

Enthusiast Posts: 70 Join Date: 15/05/12 Recent Posts

Our windfall allowance in our housing trajectory was calculated based on historic windfall delivery on small sites (up to 10 dwellings) excluding residential gardens.  Paragraph 48 of the NPPF does not allow residential gardens.  Delivery from larger windfall sites (over 10 dwellings) was not considered appropriate to avoid double counting as such sites are likely to already be identified through the SHLAA process.  Hope this helps.